Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Le Temps Viendra

Before I began reading this book did a little research.  Not knowing who Anne Boleyn was she was the first thing I looked up. Little did I know that she was a queen. I read a little on her family and then I realized she was married to king Harry VIII. This immediately changed everything and I haven't even read a page of the book yet! I knew that he was a man who's reputation was not very good. He had killed one of his wife's and come to find out it was Anne. So after doing a little research I decided to read. On the first page its Anne telling us that she is to die today. This was a plot twist and it was only the first page. I was wondering how the book going to start off with her dying I  mean usually that's where a book ends. I kept reading ,although I was confused,  and realized why Henry had executed her. He was a selfish whore. He wanted his to be married but have affairs so when Anne couldn't birth a male air he "found" reasons to kill her. And although he was the was the one committing adultery Anne was the one who suffered.

I get to part one and I recognized the title of the chapter. While doing my research I saw that  Hever Castle is where Anne lived but the date was far off. I began to read about a women had divorced an alcoholic she had felt so liberated when she had finally got the guts to do it. As I was reading I couldn't help but compare her to Anne. Anne had married a man who she didn't deserve.  I continued to read and learned that she had quiet an obsession with Anne she had read her stories and was even on her way to visit Hever Castle . While there she becomes sick like and finds herself wondering around the castle looking for a powder room. Trying to find a bathroom someone yells, "Anne Anne come quickly"'  and she thought its was someone just playing a joke. She soon passes out.

Then part two chapter one starts and she awakes as Anne not very knowingly. Mary her sister is pleading her to get up because the king is there. She dresses with the help of her servants and sends mary to tell henry to meet her in the garden. before heading to the garden she discreetly  asked her sister the year and date. Surprisingly she finds out that it was may 31st , 1527, her 26th birthday.

When she arrived to garden henry caught her slipping up and talking to herself. After confessing his love henry ask for Anne's hand in marriage but explains that it needs to be on the down low because of his current wife Katherine who is a shrew. I can only imagine the position that put her in, knowing what was to come but still accepting the proposal. After arriving back to the castle henry announces to the group that they are to go on a hunt and Anne is to come with.

Anne is quickly prepared for the hunt. She meets the group of men and a few women at the bottom of the stairs. In her 21 century life she had grew up with horses so riding them can naturally. It was the perfect day for a hunt, the weather was just right. While on the hunt they pass a beautiful scenery with small Forrest creatures and lushes vegetation. Henry of course treats Anne as princess and includes her in the hunt by letting her choose the path they are to take. Down the path Henry spots a nice stag and attempts to kill it, but startled it and ran. After chasing the stag for a while the stag runs out of energy and Henry makes the kill. Off to the side Anne tells her father on the secret engagement. As any father would be he was proud but warns her of the dangers because of Katherine. After arriving home Anne is immediately bathed but is interrupted by her mother. Her mother expresses her worry about Henry and his past but Anne assures her that all will be fine.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment